J. Scott Schallhorn
Scott Schallhorn is a real estate and business attorney with extensive experience advising individuals and businesses in complex commercial transactions, finance, and real estate matters. He represents corporate borrowers, institutional lenders and major developers in loan transactions involving construction financing, bridge loans, permanent/end loans, and loan restructuring. Scott counsels real estate owners, developers, and property managers concerning the conveyance, purchase, development and leasing of real property and improvements. He also advises clients on projects employing new urban and traditional neighborhood development principles, and planning and construction of mixed-use buildings and neighborhoods.
- Successfully led project team in developing the 82 acre The Village at Hendrix, a mixed-use, traditional neighborhood development in Conway, Arkansas providing leadership and counsel in all aspects of project development, including platting, zoning and entitlements, construction contracts, leasing, governmental relations, and general business and contracting matters.
- Successfully managed lender client’s legal team to simultaneously close 12 loans totaling over $28,000,000 to twelve related borrowers secured by properties in seven states, all within 5 weeks of loan approval.
- Represents lenders and borrowers in commercial financing transactions, including secured and unsecured lines of credit, real estate mortgage loans, construction and land development loans, and interim bridge loans.
- Negotiates and prepares major tenant leases, REAs, and similar documentation for shopping center developers, office buildings and other commercial developments.
- Advises and represents individual and businesses clients in joint venture arrangements, debt and equity financing, and real estate financing through mortgage and other asset-based lending.
- Advises property owners and developers in land use and zoning matters, including variances, rezoning, and planned developments. Works closely with planning and zoning departments and provides representation before planning commissions, Boards of Adjustments and governing boards.
- Advises major property owners association in governance, member relations, land use, and development matters.
- Represent owners, developers, property managers, tenants, and construction contractors on matters involving site development, and access issues.
- Frequently serves as local counsel advising out of state lenders and their primary counsel on Arkansas law matters .
- Counsels individuals and business entities with respect to the formation, restructuring, acquisition, and sale of businesses.
- Managed multimillion dollar commercial/office/residential project preparing governing land use covenants.
- Assist lender clients with inter-creditor agreements and other agreements between lenders.
- Represents landlords, tenants, and financial institutions in office, commercial, retail and multifamily leasing matters.
- Advises clients on tax exempt, tax credit, and 1031 transactions.
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Real Estate in Arkansas (2019-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Commercial Finance Law (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Real Estate Law (2019-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Land Use and Zoning Law (2021)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Craighead County Bar Association
- Executive Committee, CARTI Foundation Board of Directors
- Downtown Little Rock Partnership
- Past President
- Board of Directors
- First United Methodist Church of Little Rock
News & Articles