Agricultural issues and challenges are unique. At Mitchell Williams, our team of agriculture lawyers take pride in our depth of experience and agricultural knowledge that we provide clients to help them face the broad spectrum of agricultural law issues and business challenges presented in today's competitive environment. We believe that to effectively and efficiently advise our clients on agricultural issues, it is necessary to have actual experience in the industry and relationships with agricultural and regulatory industry leaders. In fact, our team of agriculture lawyers have family farming experience in Arkansas. Our deep experience and industry relationships are what position our team and law firm to provide the most comprehensive legal services to agriculture clients.
Our team of agriculture lawyers serve individual producers/operators, land owners, agriculture and commodity trade associations, cooperatives, banks and other lending institutions, seed supply companies, grain milling, storage and transportation companies, food processing companies, chemical formulation and supply companies and equipment suppliers/dealers.
Our capabilities include:
- Business and corporate legal services including business formations, business acquisitions and sales and commercial matters.
- Real estate and other business and corporate transactions
- Environmental, energy and natural resource issues
- Lease agreements and easements
- Leasing matters with utility companies and natural resources
- Agriculture landowner leases for hunting and rentals
- Farm succession planning
- Estate planning
- Tax Planning
- Employment matters
- Legal guidance on compliance with applicable agricultural laws including the Farm Bill
- General litigation
- Crop insurance issues
- Foreclosure on real property and repossession of equipment
- Priority issues related to farm equipment, crop insurance proceeds, and government payments
- Claims in bankruptcy
- Eviction and collection actions
- Landlord’s liens and other statutory and voluntary liens
- Lobbying and government relations
- Monitoring activities, policies and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies, including the Arkansas Department of Agriculture, Arkansas State Plant Board, Arkansas Natural Resources Commission, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and others, to determine potential impacts on agricultural practices
- Monitoring activities, policies and regulations before the Senate and House Agricultural Committees
- Permitting and regulatory compliance matters before the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality, Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission, and other state and federal regulatory agencies
- Captive insurance
Contact the Mitchell Williams Agriculture team of lawyers in Little Rock, Rogers and Jonesboro, Arkansas. In Little Rock, Rogers and Jonesboro, contact Attorney Jordan Wimpy at 501-688-8872. In Little Rock and Jonesboro contact Attorney Lance Miller at 501-688-8855 or Attorney Wade Bowen at 870-938-6254. In Little Rock, contact Attorney Trav Baxter at 501-688-8898, Attorney Meg Johnston at 501-688-8870 or Attorney Katie Branscum at 501-688-8856.