Strategic counsel with extensive construction experience to help clients manage the complex legal issues in construction projects.
The construction industry is fast-paced and often governed by strict deadlines. Completing a successful project requires cooperation and teamwork among all project participants. Our Construction lawyers have extensive experience assisting client in the construction industry with a wide range of legal issues. Our team’s working experience in the construction industry provides the knowledge required to understand all phases of a project’s life cycle, from the early stages of finance, development and design through implementation, construction and project close-out.
Drawing on their legal and technical experience, our lawyers work with clients to accomplish common project goals. Our construction lawyers seek pragmatic and cost-effective solutions to the many complex legal issues that can arise in construction projects. Our breadth of experience and resources allows us to bring highly experienced attorneys from any discipline into a construction-related transaction.
We advise land and building owners, developers, construction managers, subcontractors, prime contractors, general contractors, engineers, material suppliers, trade contractors, utility contractors, vendors and design professionals in a broad range of transactions, development projects and construction matters. Working closely together during all phases of the construction process helps our clients effectively achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Integrated team with former construction company in-house counsel
- One-stop law firm to manage all phases of construction projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of industry-specific laws and requirements
- Comprehensive legal and business support
- Advise on various project delivery models – Stipulated Sum, GMP, Design-Build
- Day-to-day planning, operational, business, finance and contractual issues
- Project risk analysis and strategy
- Bidding considerations and document drafting
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation
- Assist with "real-time” project issues including notices, changed conditions, delays and cost acceleration
- AIA, ConsensusDocs, DBIA and manuscript contracts
- Design-build, construction management, subcontract and joint venture agreements drafting
- Lease and easement issues
- Mechanic's liens claims and resolution
- Insurance and bonding related issues and claims
- Employment matters
- Union labor issues and work stoppages
- Concessions and EaaS transactions
- Dispute avoidance and resolution support