Graham Talley maintains a trial-oriented practice defending class actions and lawsuits involving allegedly defective products, professional liability, breaches of contract and business torts. He represents clients in state and federal trial courts in Arkansas and across the nation. He also handles appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, the Arkansas Supreme Court and the Arkansas Court of Appeals.
- Served as lead appellate counsel for a state constitutional officer before the Arkansas Supreme Court in a lawsuit alleging violations of the Arkansas Whistle-Blower Act, obtaining a complete victory on appeal in a landmark decision interpreting Arkansas’s sovereign-immunity doctrine.
- Represented a national automobile insurer in a class action involving the adjustment of personal injury protection, or “no-fault” insurance, claims, defeating the certification of a proposed class comprised of more than 1500 members.
- Defended a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in state-court proceedings arising from the use of an injectable contraceptive, resulting in a dismissal with prejudice following the entry of summary judgment in favor of the client on preemption grounds.
- Represented multiple national insurance carriers in class actions involving the adjustment of first-party, total-loss automobile claims, obtaining complete dismissal in favor of clients on Rule 12(b)(6) motions.
- Served as trial counsel in multiple lawsuits involving alleged professional malpractice, all resulting in complete defense verdicts in favor of clients following multi-day or multi-week jury trials.
- Defended national health services company in litigation involving alleged violations of state “any-willing-provider” laws, obtaining the dismissal of the client on a Rule 12(b)(6) motion.
- Represented Arkansas’s largest private hospital system and its affiliates in the defense of various claims, including those involving physician credentialing, professional liability and alleged employee misconduct.
- Served as a member of trial teams in bellwether trials on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in multi-district litigation and coordinated state proceedings.
- Counseled multinational retail corporation on wage-and-hour issues and compliance.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star: Personal Injury Medical Malpractice Defense (2019-2020)
- High Academic Achievement Award (2015)
- Joe C. Barrett Commercial Law Award (2015)
- Outstanding Contribution to Law School Publications Award (2015)
- University of Arkansas Fulbright College of Arts and Science Scholar (2012)
- Henry M. Alexander Memorial Award (2011)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Immediate Past Chairman, Board of Directors, Create Little Rock
- Ex-Officio Member, Board of Directors, Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce (2020)
- Planning Committee, Heifer International Urban Farm Fest
- Editor-in-Chief, Arkansas Law Review (2014-15)
News & Articles
- Lyn P. Pruitt & Graham C. Talley, Chapter 38, Arkansas, A Practitioner’s Guide to Class Actions (ABA Publications 3d ed. forthcoming 2021) (Marcy Hogan Greer ed.).