Jill R. Grimsley
Jill Grimsley concentrates her practice in the areas of public and commercial finance and real estate. She has extensive experience representing a variety of issuers, borrowers, underwriters and trustees in tax-exempt and taxable public and private bond finance transactions. She serves as counsel to banks, financial institutions and companies on a variety of lending and transactional matters, including complex commercial, project development, and real estate. Jill has been a presenter at seminars, conferences and continuing legal education classes on the topics of public finance and commercial lending and documentation. During her final year of law school, she was selected to work as an extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Brahney, III and the Honorable Jerry Brown in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Serves as counsel to municipalities, counties, state entities, school districts, water districts and local government on matters of tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions, private placements of bonds, municipal lease transactions, industrial development bonds, conduit or non-profit bond financing, underwriter’s and trustee’s counsel, and economic development, PILOT and other tax-abatement or incentive-based public financing.
- Represents developers, issuers, municipalities, and lenders in handling all states of complex public finance, real estate and project development, business and leasing transactions, and representation of lenders and borrowers in complex lending transactions and tax credit financing.
- Assists commercial clients and developers with real and personal property leasing and purchases, Section 1031 like-kind exchanges of property, and general contract drafting.
- Advises commercial banks and lenders with respect to real estate and asset-based commercial lending, letters of credit, revolving credits, subordinated debt financing, capital leases and other off-balance sheet financing, interest rate swaps, and bank syndications and participations.
- Works with owners, developers, and commercial lenders on land use and project development matters including purchase and sale of unimproved and improved real property, real estate title, zoning, and survey matters, commercial leasing, and affordable housing and HUD lending.
- Assists with general corporate matters, entity formations, transfers, and purchases.
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star: Securities and Corporate Finance (2013-2016)
- Northwest Arkansas Business Journal “40 Under 40” (2009)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer to Watch, Tulsa Business and Legal News
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The Scott Family Amazeum
- Board of Directors, Downtown Bentonville, Inc.
News & Articles