Stuart P. Miller
Stuart Miller is a distinguished trial lawyer with extensive experience defending catastrophic injury suits, professional liability claims and suits for wrongful death. His practice focuses on complex high-stakes commercial litigation, defense of class actions and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death defense. In addition, he has an established practice in areas involving insurance coverage matters and bad faith claims. Stuart's clients represent a wide spectrum of business and industries, from Fortune 100 companies to privately owned businesses, for which he has tried numerous cases involving professional liability, product liability, transportation and premises liability claims. He offers effective risk management and preemptive legal analysis for clients to help manage their risk and outcomes, and he places a high premium on the use of technology within his daily and trial practice to efficiently manage client matters.
Stuart served as a faculty member of the International Association of Defense Council's (IADC) 2014 Trial Academy at Stanford Law School. He is a frequent speaker and author on issues such as trial advocacy, defense strategies in catastrophic injury cases, product liability and civil procedure. For more than 30 years, Stuart has been recognized by numerous organizations and companies for his accomplishments in the courtroom including being selected as a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
To contact Stuart Miller you can call, email, or visit in person at our office located at 4206 South J.B. Hunt Dr Suite 200, Rogers, AR 72758.
- Successful defense of businesses, including convenience stores, large retail stores and restaurants, involving significant premises liability claims.
- Represented private employers, non-profit organization, agencies, religious organizations and youth groups in multiple claims of alleged sexual and physical abuse achieving successful defense outcomes.
- Obtained voluntary non-suit at jury trial of plaintiffs’ case involving alleged work place injury.
- Represented accounting firm in professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty trial obtaining defense verdict following two week jury trial in Pulaski County, Arkansas.
- Successful defense of multiple Dramshop actions related to death and significant injuries associated with the sale of alcohol.
- Defended international tire manufacturer in products liability claim obtaining defense verdict.
- Successful defense of multiple claims of salmonella food poisoning associated with a significant salmonella outbreak in Central Arkansas restaurant.
- Defended a physician against a medical malpractice claim in a week long trial in which Plaintiff’s counsel requested $8 million dollars in death of two week old child and obtained defense verdict.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for contract damages in two week trial in which Plaintiff’s counsel requested $5.3 million dollars in bad faith arson trial.
- Successful defense of multiple long term care matters in which cases proceeded to trial and resolution was obtained well within defense assessment.
- Successfully defended and prevented class certification in case against long-term care providers in Arkansas where plaintiff alleged class action status under theories of resident’s rights and breach of contract.
- Serves as regional panel counsel for several insurance companies that insure long term care facilities in the United States and Arkansas.
- Serves as regional counsel in litigation for one of the largest long-term care facilities in defense of allegations of nursing home negligence and resident’s rights violations.
- Serves as statewide counsel for defense of trucking/transportation claims for one of world’s largest retailers.
- Esterline Technologies Corporation, et. al v. Aaron Brownlee and Mary Brownlee, (2021)
- Temple v. Lamar, Pulaski County Circuit Court (2019) (Defense verdict/jury trial)
- Estate of Keith Brosch v. Leisure Time Products, Benton County Circuit Court (2019) (Dismissal pursuant to Motion to Dismiss)
- Stevens v. Boy Scouts of America, Pulaski County Circuit Court (2018) (Dismissal pursuant to Motion to Dismiss)
- Michael Ihrie v. Pioneer General Contractors, et.al., Garland County Circuit Court (2018) (Defense verdict jury trial)
- Ross v. Compact Family Services, Garland County Circuit Court (2018) (Motion for Summary Judgment granted)
- Johnson v. Fastlane Entertainment, Benton County Circuit Court (2018) (Motion for Summary Judgment granted)
- Starnet Insurance Company v. Shepard Group, U.S. District Court (2-18-CV-2026) (Motion for Summary Judgment granted)
- Brimer v. Dent a Med, Inc. dba HC Processing Center, U.S. District Court (2018) (Dismissal of class action)
- Robert Fureigh v. Michael G. Horn and W.M. Hogan, Ark. App 287 (2013)
- Brad Bedell v. Minnie Valentine, (2012) (Complete reversal of eight figure jury verdict on all counts)
- Desiree Kolbek, et. al. v. Jeannie Estates Apartments, Tony Alamo, Gloryland Christian Church, et.al., U.S.District Court (2012) (Motion for Summary Judgment granted/case removed to state court and ultimately dismissed)
- Mason, et al. v. Chenal Country Club, 210 Ark. App 180 (2010)
- Russell v. Northeast Texas Land and Timber, et al. 209 Ark. App.828 (2009)
- Osborne v. Farmers New World Life Ins. Co., 2009 WL 1098943 (E.D.Ark. 2009)
- Couch v. Farmers Ins. Co., Inc., 289 S.W.3d 909 (Ark. 2008)
- Anglin v. Johnson Regional Medical Center, 289 S.W.3d 28 (Ark. 2008)
- McCarthy v. Mullins, 2007 WL 1100530 (W.D.Ark. 2007)
- Downing v. Lawrence Hall Nursing Center, 243 S.W.3d 263 (Ark. 2006)
- Deaver v. Faucon Properties, Inc., 239 S.W.3d 525 (Ark. 2006)
- Mid-State Aftermarket Body Parts, Inc. v. Truck Ins. Exchange, 2006 WL 2079940 (E.D.Ark. 2006)
- Deaver v. Faucon Properties, Inc., 231 S.W.3d 100 (Ark. App. 2006)
- Watson v. Philip Morris Companies, Inc., 2003 WL 23272484 (E.D. Ark. 2003)
- Chambers v. Stern, 64 S.W.3d 737 (Ark. 2002)
- Chambers v. Stern, 994 S.W.2d 463 (Ark. 1999)
- Summers v. Baptist Medical Center Arkadelphia, 91 F.3d 1132 (8th Cir. (Ark.) En Banc, 1996)
- Douglass v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., 913 S.W.2d 277 (Ark. 1996)
- Flowers v. Jefferson Hosp. Ass’n., 49 F.3d 391 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1995)
- Dorothy J. v. Little Rock School Dist., 7 F.3d 729 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1993)
- Sierra Club v. Davies, 955 F.2d 1188 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1992)
- Security Ben. Life Ins. Co. v. Graham, 810 S.W.2d 943 (Ark. 1991)
- Hayes v. Invesco, Inc., 907 F.2d 853 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1990)
- Paul Barre v. Charles “Chick” Hoffman, et al., .W.3d., 2009 Ark. 373, 2009 WL 1810903 (Ark.)
- Royal Overhead Door, Inc. v. Jernigan, et. al. 2013 WL 5744980 (2013 Ark. App. 588)
- Searcy Healthcare Center, et. al. v. John Murphy, et al. (2013 Ark. 463)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Commercial Litigation (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2011-2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" (2018, 2020)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2007
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Personal Injury General Defense (2006-2020)
- Arkansas Business Arkansas 250 Most Influential Leader (2019)
- Recipient, Frank C. Elcan II Award and Golden Gavel Award presented by the Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Business 40 Under 40 (2000-2001)
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- State Committee Chair for Arkansas, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Appointed by Arkansas Supreme Court to Model Jury Instruction Committee - Civil (2021)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Former Member, Arkansas Bar Executive Council and Arkansas Bar House of Delegates
- Former Chairman, Young Lawyers Section
- Former Chair, Editorial Advisory Board – “The Arkansas Lawyer”
- Board of Directors, Mitchell Williams
News & Articles
- Co-Author of DRI’s Professional Liability Insurance: A Compendium of State Law/Arkansas Section
- International Association of Defense Counsel Training Manual Third Edition: Deposing Lay Witnesses (2016)