Stanton K. Strickland
Stan Strickland is a former Deputy Commissioner of the Legal Division at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). He joined Insurance Regulatory Practice Group of Mitchell Williams in Austin after serving at TDI for 21 years. He applies his broad experience as a regulator to advise insurance companies and other clients on a wide range of regulatory matters including licensure, examinations, holding company transactions, receiverships, policy form and rate filings, rulemaking, agency contracts, public information requests, and disciplinary actions. Stan also monitors and represents clients before the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) on issues including cybersecurity, surplus lines, reinsurance matters and international regulatory standards. His regulatory relationships and breadth of experience across all lines of insurance make him an effective advocate and trusted advisor for his clients on a wide range of regulator and public policy issues.
- Advises and manages public policy and legislative issues before state insurance regulators, including the National Association of Insurance Commissioners for insurance companies and agencies, and other client entities.
- Represents insurance companies on compliance issues in multi-state and single state market conduct and financial examinations, investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Advises on and manages insurance holding company reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, redomestications, formations and state expansions for insurance companies.
- Provides advice regarding multi-state and single state insurance regulatory filings, including rate and form filings, service and administrative agreements.
- Manages regulatory relationships for insurance companies and other clients on a nationwide basis with an emphasis on Texas.
- Monitors and comments on state agency rulemaking and state legislative sessions on behalf of insurance clients.
- Represents insurance companies and other clients in administrative matters before the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Insurance Law (2019-2021)
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
News & Articles