In today’s rapidly changing regulatory environment, businesses, organizations and individuals need experienced counsel to anticipate changes and react quickly and effectively to new administrative rules and rulings. At Mitchell Williams, our experienced team has the comprehensive knowledge of industries and the government entities that regulate them along with the extensive experience needed to effectively work within the framework of government processes, rules, policies and decisions.
We assist insurers, agencies, businesses, organizations, professionals and individuals with a variety of business and professional disputes and pre-dispute planning relating to governmental agency rules and regulation, decision-making and litigation. This process includes working with clients, government agencies and other industry stakeholders to effectively resolve disputes when they occur.
Our team uses our legal knowledge of government to advise clients on a wide range of matters arising from the development, passage, content, interpretation and application of laws and regulations. Our team has the regulatory, investigatory and trial experience needed to handle administrative law and litigation matters such as:
- Market conduct examinations
- Enforcement actions
- Open records disputes
- Tax disputes
- Licensing and regulatory proceedings before state regulatory agencies and boards
- Agency rule promulgation and rule challenges
- Administrative proceedings that involve challenges to licenses, permits and comprehensive plan amendments
- Government contract protests.
- Penalty actions
- Appeals of permit conditions
- Zoning matters
- Requests for reimbursement from government trust funds