Sherry P. Bartley
Sherry Bartley is a member of the Litigation Practice Group. Her primary areas of practice are toxic tort, environmental and products liability litigation. Sherry has served as lead trial counsel in over 40 trials, including numerous toxic tort, products liability, environmental and personal injury matters.
- Lead counsel for two companies in defense of a class action lawsuit alleging property damage and personal injury caused by the transport and disposal of coal ash.
- Lead counsel for eight gasoline retailers in defense of a multidistrict class action alleging fraud and violation of consumer protection statutes in the sale of gasoline at retail.
- Lead trial counsel in defense of a poultry manufacturer against claims that an additive to poultry feed contained arsenic which caused childhood leukemia.
- Lead trial counsel in defense of a major manufacturer against claims that a benzene-containing product caused leukemia.
- Lead counsel in defense of a landfill facility against claims brought by nearby residents for property damage, groundwater contamination and real estate stigma.
- Lead counsel in defense of a manufacturer in a personal injury and property damage action brought by over 300 residents living near an aluminum recycling plant who claimed damages for personal injury, medical monitoring and property damage.
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Environmental Litigation and General Commercial Litigation in Arkansas (2017-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Environmental Law (2008-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Litigation-Environmental and Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants (2011-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants (2013-2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Litigation-Environmental "Lawyer of the Year" (2012, 2016, 2019)
- Best Lawyers®: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" (2015)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 1999
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Top 50 Women: 2018
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Personal Injury Products Defense (2006- 2020)
- Benchmark Litigation - General Commercial, Local Litigation Star, (2013-2015)
- Benchmark Litigation - General Commercial, Top 250 Women in Litigation - Arkansas (2012-2014)
- Member and past president, American Board of Trial Advocates, Arkansas Chapter
- Member, Defense Research Institute - Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association - Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Fellow and past President, Arkansas Bar Foundation
- Fellow and past Arkansas Chair, American Bar Foundation Fellows
- William R. Overton Inn of Court
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Former member, Board of Directors, UA Little Rock Foundation Fund
- Former President of the Board of Directors, Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Former Chairman, Arkansas State Board of Bar Examiners
- Former President of the Board of Trustees, Arkansas School for the Blind and the Arkansas School for the Deaf
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, UALR School of Law (1986-1999)
- Editor in Chief, UALR Law Journal
News & Articles