Jennifer R. Pierce
Jennifer Pierce focuses her practice on estate, trust and tax matters for individuals, estate and trust administration, as well as entity formation and business planning. Jennifer also advises non-profit and tax-exempt organizations on formation, planning and tax issues.
- Extensive experience in estate tax planning for high net worth individuals, succession planning for closely held family businesses, and handling complex probate and trust administration cases.
- Prepares estate and gift tax returns and overseeing estate tax audits including buy-sell agreements, partnership/operating/shareholder agreements, real estate purchase agreements and settlement agreements.
- Counsels clients on choice of entity selections and regularly files QSST and ESBT elections.
- Utilization of sophisticated wealth transfer and tax planning strategies, such as the use of grantor retained annuity trusts and charitable remainder unitrusts, valuation discount planning, sales to grantor trusts, and life insurance planning, including the use of multi-generational trusts.
- Advises fiduciaries in all aspects of trust and estate administration, assisting families with the transfer of assets, settling intricate estate and trust matters, obtaining court approved trust modifications and otherwise advising clients with all facets of estate planning.
- Routinely works with each client’s accountants, financial advisors, insurance agents, appraisers and lenders to ensure that the client’s estate plan is coordinated in all aspects.
- Assists clients with a variety of related matters, including premarital agreements, succession planning, charitable planning, real estate matters and asset protection.
- Chambers High Net Worth: Private Wealth Law in Arkansas (2018-2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Trust and Estates (2013-2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars: (2012-2016)
- Arkansas Business 40 Under 40 Business and Community Leaders (2011)
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Chair, Probate Law Section (2010-2012)
- Vice Chair, Probate Law Section (2008-2009)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Probate Law Section (2006-2008)
- American Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Little Rock Ambulatory Authority (MEMS) (2014 to present)
- Board of Directors, Harmony Health Clinic (2014 to present)
- Junior League of Little Rock
- Board of Directors (2006-2009)
- Development Vice President (2008-2009)
- Treasurer (2007-2008)
- Treasurer-Elect (2006-2007)
- Central Arkansas Estate Council (2008 to present)
- Board of Directors (2008-2017)
- Board of Directors, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families (2009-2015)
- Board of Directors, Just Communities of Arkansas (2011-2015)
- VOCALS (Volunteers Organization Center for Arkansas Legal Services)
- Centers for Youth and Family Planned Giving Advisory Council
News & Articles