Byron Freeland focuses his practice on employment law and litigation.
- Represents employers, including the largest hospital system in Arkansas, in Title VII defense.
- Advises employers on various labor law matters, including wage and hour issues, reductions in force, termination and disciplinary issues and issues involving employee benefits.
- Represents clients in litigating and arbitrating construction contract disputes.
- Represented the City of Jacksonville before Civil Commission and in Court.
- Served as Attorney for Arkansas Racing Commission since 1975.
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Labor & Employment in Arkansas (2015, 2017-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Employment Law - Management and Labor Law - Management (2011-2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year" (2014, 2016, 2019, 2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year" (2015)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2005
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Employment Litigation Defense (2007-2020)
- Speaker at state and regional seminars on employment law issues sponsored by Arkansas Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Hospital Association
- American Hospital Association
- Chairman of the Litigation Section, Arkansas Bar Association (2006)
News & Articles