Jeff Thomas serves as the firm's Managing Director. His practice focuses on insurance regulatory law and related matters. He has successfully led and managed complex regulatory and compliance issues for Fortune 100 companies on a national basis. His regulatory relationships and breadth of experience across all lines of insurance make him an effective advocate and trusted advisor for his clients on a wide range of business and public policy issues.
- Advises on and manages public policy and legislative issues before state and federal insurance regulators, including the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and National Conference of Insurance Legislators.
- Represents insurance companies on compliance issues in multi-state and single state market conduct and financial examinations, investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Advises on and manages insurance holding company reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, redomestications, insurance company formations and state expansions.
- Provides strategic advice and manages state and federal regulatory relationships for insurance companies and related financial institutions on a nationwide basis.
- Counsels business clients on risk management issues including formation and use of captives and other risk management vehicles.
- Frequent speaker at industry and trade meetings on compliance and risk management issues.
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Insurance Law (2013-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Administrative / Regulatory Law (2013-2021)
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Conference of Insurance Legislators - Insurance Education Council
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel
News & Articles