The Illinois River Watershed Partnership (“IRWP”) announced the:
2021 Northwest Arkansas Low Impact Development Conference (“Conference”)
The Conference will be held at the Thaden Fieldhouse in Bentonville, Arkansas, and virtually via Zoom on November 3rd and 4th.
IRWP states that the purpose of the conference is to connect Northwest Arkansas decision makers with:
- Proven planning related to stormwater
- Implementation of stormwater management methods
- Funding ideas and methods for managing stormwater
- Reducing flooding and erosion
- Improving water quality
A tuition free invitation has been extended to:
- Region-wide City Councils
- Planning commissions
- Landscape architects
- Professionals from related industries
Additional topics to be addressed include:
- Prioritizing large and small conservation efforts
- Identifying stormwater risks
- Regionally-coordinated projects as case studies
- Public-private and community-based partnerships
- Dos/don’ts of managing and stabilizing river corridors
The importance of floodplains, prairies, and wetlands will be addressed through a wetland tour.
Funding is provided by the Walton Family Foundation and Natural Resources Division of the Arkansas Department of Agriculture.
Registration information can be found here.
The Between the Lines blog is made available by Mitchell Williams Law Firm and the law firm publisher. The blog site is for educational purposes only, as well as to give general information and a general understanding of the law. This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Use of this blog site does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Mitchell Williams or the blog site publisher. The Between the Lines blog site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.