Comprehensive counsel and legal services for the most sensitive and challenging executive compensation matters.
Companies strive to attract and retain top talent which requires broad and flexible compensation policies. However, evolving legal requirements can create compliance challenges, particularly during times of business transition.
Our team of attorneys have extensive experience assisting employers with executive compensation and tax matters. We work with publicly-traded, private and tax-exempt employers across diverse industries and business models providing client-focused legal counsel to help navigate the complex issues associated with executive compensation programs. During corporate transitions, our lawyers regularly participate in the executive compensation aspects of corporate transactions, including due diligence review.
We assist clients with deferred compensation agreements, long-term incentive plans, , consulting agreements, termination agreements and change in control agreements, among numerous other compensation instruments.
- Highly skilled, interdisciplinary team of attorneys
- Extensive experience in tax laws, securities laws, corporate governance and employment and labor laws
- Sophisticated knowledge of the tax aspects of equity-related compensation
- Tax-efficient design of executive compensation packages
- Equity-based compensation plans
- Incentive and non-qualified stock options
- Restricted stock and restricted stock units
- Stock appreciation rights
- Phantom stock granted to individual executives
- Broad-base employee stock ownership plans
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Non-qualified deferred compensation plans
- Deferred bonuses
- 401(k) wrap plans
- Annual and long-term incentive plans
- Performance-based incentive programs
- Special considerations for deferred compensation of non-profit executives
- Employment agreements
- Negotiation of non-compete provisions and severance benefits