Cara D. Butler
Cara Butler is a litigation associate with experience in federal labor and employment laws and human resources matters. Prior to joining the firm, she was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Lavenski R. Smith of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit where she reviewed appellate briefs, researched applicable law and drafted memoranda involving different federal issues. She also has experience working with governmental agencies reviewing vendor contracts and researching legal issues related to governmental immunity. Cara is dedicated and driven, earning the highest score on the 2019 Arkansas Bar Exam, receiving 12 top paper awards in law school and winning multiple national dance team championship awards as a youth.
- Researches complex issues arising during the course of litigation at both the trial and appellate level.
- Drafts motions including motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment in both federal and state courts.
- Writes appellate briefs in a variety of matters including labor and employment issues.
- Assisted governmental agency in human resource matters
- Researched issues affecting employers including sexual harassment and non-compete clauses.
- Reviewed contracts between state agencies and private sector technology providers
- Researched legal issues primarily involving civil rights matters and governmental immunity.
- Served as a Contracts Research Assistant for Professor Joshua M. Silverstein during law school and assisted in both reviewing and editing various documents.
- Top Score on the July 2019 Arkansas Bar Examination
- 12 top paper awards for earning the highest grade in a class including Contracts I, Torts, Research Writing and Analysis (RWA) I, RWA II, Professionalism, Constitutional Law, Disability Law, Specialized Legal Research: Business Law, Federal Income Taxation, Entertainment Law, Remedies, Jurisprudence
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Notes and Comments Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review
- Alumni, Phi Mu
News & Articles