The Arkansas Environmental Federation (“AEF”) announced the agenda for its 54th Annual Convention.
The Convention will be held on line this year from October 6-7.
Keynote addresses will be provided by Arkansas Department of Energy and Environment Secretary Becky Keogh and Acting Regional Administrator for the United States Environmental Protection Agency Region 6, David Gray.
The United States Chamber of Commerce Vice President and Policy Counsel, Heath Knakmuhs will undertake a presentation titled:
Current Environmental Politics from Washington, D.C.
I will undertake a presentation addressing the Arkansas Recycling Tax Credit Program. This program has for almost thirty years provided a significant financial incentive for Arkansas industrial and commercial facilities to utilize recyclables as feedstocks. Facilities establishing or expanding processes that utilize recyclables are potentially eligible for a thirty percent state tax credit on certain capital costs.
My colleague Jordan Wimpy will address the various issues that continue to arise with the Clean Water Act 404 program.
Other presentations will include:
- Environmental Justice
- Mark Allison - Dover, Dixon, Horne
- Arkansas Politics 2021
- Roby Brock – Arkansas Talk Business and Politics
- Energy Transitioning: Key Considerations
- Jim Wimberly – Sr. Vice President, Energy Security Partners
- Annielu DeWitt – Clean Harbor
- Office of Water Quality Update
- Alan York, Stacie Wassell – Office of Water Quality, DEQ, AE&E
- 316b Cooling Water Intake Structures: What’s Happening in Arkansas?
- Improving Stormwater Quality On-Site with Phytoremediation and Native Plants
- Eric Fuselier – Crafton Tull
- Safety and Health: COVID 19 Respirator Fit Testing: Wal-Mart Case Study
- Safety and Health: Battery Shipping Issues
- Regional Update
- Kia McCullough, Regional Director, OSHA
- Department of Emergency Management
- Office of Air Quality Update
- Branch Managers – Office of Air Quality, DEQ, AE&E
- State of the Air
- Will Montgomery – Office of Air Quality, DEQ, AE&E
- Stack Testing
- Jesslynn Hale – Trinity Consultants
- Arkansas Recycling Tax Credits
- Walter Wright – Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates, and Woodyard
- Office of Land Resources Update
- Jarrod Zweifel – Office of Land Resources, AE&E
- Case Study: Sustainability
- Leslie Davis – Harbor Environmental
- Jared Cobb – Waste Management
A link to an agenda and registration material can be found here.
The Between the Lines blog is made available by Mitchell Williams Law Firm and the law firm publisher. The blog site is for educational purposes only, as well as to give general information and a general understanding of the law. This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Use of this blog site does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Mitchell Williams or the blog site publisher. The Between the Lines blog site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.