Comprehensive legal counsel to effectively manage complex real estate litigation and disputes.
Real estate disputes present a unique set of challenges. When litigation arises out of a real estate transaction, clients need attorneys who are skilled litigators with a sophisticated understanding of complex financings, ownership structures and local state rules that apply to secured transactions. Our experienced team of litigators has the skill and knowledge required to help clients resolve difficult real estate disputes.
We work closely with our real estate lawyers to develop innovative litigation strategies and with our firm’s other practice groups to devise creative solutions for our clients on land use and zoning, environmental, taxation, bankruptcy and other matters. Working across our firm helps us bring value to our clients through cost-effective services and eliminating the need for additional local counsel.
- Integrated team to leverage comprehensive legal and business support
- Strategic, business-minded approach to resolving disputes
- Sophisticated, experienced trial lawyers
- Informed prospective to real estate disputes
- Real property ownership disputes
- Purchase/sale disputes
- Management and operating agreement disputes
- Partnership and ownership structure conflicts
- Loan participations and co-ownership arrangements including inter-creditor agreement and agent disputes
- Lender liability and bad faith claims
- Complex lease disputes
- Eminent domain, easement, title and land use disputes
- Zoning and environmental controversies
- Land use and zoning appeals
- Secured loans, work-outs, foreclosures, bankruptcies, receivership, guaranty enforcement and disbursement issues
- Low-income housing requirements including Section 8 and HUD-type disputes
- Construction disputes
- Mechanics liens
- Breach of contract