Navigate the complex patent process with our dedicated patent team.
When it’s time to consider a patent, inventors and innovators face one of the most complicated – and costly – challenges yet. Fortunately, Mitchell Williams guides clients every step of the way, with a team led by a registered full-time patent attorney. We also provide experienced patent enforcement and litigation services to protect your hard-earned assets.
Patent law is a niche area of legal practice. We serve clients all throughout the United States – ranging from innovative companies, startups, individuals, businesses and corporate entities – often more efficiently and cost-effectively than firms traditionally located on the East Coast.
- Registered full-time patent attorney
- Able to serve clients in all 50 states
- Experienced patent law and personalized service
- Exceptional value
- Part of a comprehensive Intellectual Property practice working closely with Mitchell Williams’ investment, tax, data rights, regulatory and employment teams
- Drafting and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications
- Prosecuting and defending patent infringement claims and patent licensing disputes in state and federal courts
- Patentability searches
- Advising on patent portfolio management and optimization
- Patent-adjacent services, including licensing, sales and negotiations
- Evaluating inventions and reviewing patent disclosures
- Patentability opinions
- Patent licensing
- Evaluating inventions for profitability and commercialization
- Counseling on design-arounds and alternative strategies to either avoid infringement or protect intellectual property
- Corporate employee invention policies and patent incentive programs
- Coordinating multistate and international enforcement and defense actions
- Industry-specific experience, including mechanical, medical, manufacturing, consumer products, e-commerce, packaging, outdoor products, insurtech, fintech, agriculture, agtech, computer software and transportation