Josh Hallenbeck is a registered patent attorney and dedicates his practice to patents, trademarks, copyrights, and other forms of complex intellectual property. With a passion for branding and product development, he offers strategic advice on protecting inventors and small business owners as they move from idea to marketplace. Josh has prosecuted countless patent and trademark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
- Drafts and prosecutes patent applications for a wide range of arts.
- Conducts patent searches in a wide variety of disciplines and prepares other patent related opinions.
- Counsels clients on issues of patent infringement and patent misuse.
- Drafts non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Drafts and prosecutes trademark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
- Assists client with international trademark and branding issues including international trademark applications.
- Conducts trademark searches.
- Prepares, reviews, and negotiates licensing agreements.
- Represents clients in various proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB’) of the USPTO.
- Manages complex trademark portfolios and prepare brand strategy plans.
- Prepares and files complex copyright filings with the United States Copyright Office.
Presentations on Intellectual Property
- Kiwanis of North Little Rock – "Intellectual Property Concerns for the Small Business Entrepreneur" (2018)
- Arkansas Bar Association Best of CLE Seminar – "Ready to Launch Strategic Use of Confidentiality Agreements and Well-Timed Patent Applications in the Product Development Timeline" (2018)
- Benton County Bar Association – "Patents & Trademarks: What You Need to Know in Your Everyday Practice" (2016)
News & Articles
Co-Author of The Futile Exercise: OSGATA v. Monsanto, 23 San Joaquin Agric. L. Rev. 1 (2014)