The health care industry faces tremendous challenges driven by changes to healthcare laws and regulations, new technologies, data privacy concerns and shifting business models. To effectively operate in this ever-shifting environment, clients need experienced legal and business counsel to address complex regulatory, risk management, corporate and operational matters.
The Mitchell Williams team of health care lawyers understands the issues, challenges and rapidly-changing regulations facing the health care industry today. We leverage our comprehensive health care industry knowledge with the extensive resources of the firm to provide effective regulatory, compliance, transactional and litigation counsel. Working closely with clients as business advisors, we develop effective strategies and provide sophisticated services to help our clients navigate the changing operational and regulatory health care environment.
We assist hospitals and health systems, suppliers, physician practices, diagnostic clinics, ambulatory surgical facilities, clinical laboratories, assisted living facilities, long-term care facilities, mental health providers, home care and hospice agencies, trade associations, health exchanges and other entities. Our objective is to help our clients manage health care industry challenges while keeping their focus on serving and caring for patients.
We assist clients in matters of:
- Health care risk management and compliance
- Compliance program development, monitoring and documentation
- Contract drafting including physician contracts and non-compete agreements
- HIPAA and privacy issues including medical records, electronic health records and telemedicine
- Regulatory and operational issues including the Stark Act, Anti-Kickback Statute and FDA guidelines
- Professional and facility licensure issues
- Employment and labor matters
- Fraud and abuse claims and investigations
- Legislative and health care public policy
- Corporate formation and structure
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring businesses
- Health care real estate transactions and leasing
- Tax structuring
- Physician group transactions and health ventures