Doak Foster is a former Deputy Insurance Commissioner for the State of Arkansas and is an experienced insurance regulatory lawyer. He joined the firm and the Insurance Regulatory Practice Group after serving more than seven years as an insurance regulator and two years as in-house counsel for an insurance group. He has extensive experience in all aspects of insurance holding company matters, licensing of insurance entities and handling of rate and form development and filing in all states. In addition, he has broad knowledge and experience in market conduct examinations and all other aspects of insurance regulation.
- Lead reorganization of major nationwide life insurance group which included sale of one insurer, merger of two insurers, assumption reinsurance, merger and redomestication.
- Developed and executed plan to demutualize a property and casualty insurance company, the first demutualization known to have occurred in Arkansas under modern insurance code.
- Has aided clients in development of new, niche products and overseen filing, overcoming state objections and gaining state approvals.
- Conducted in-house investigatory work for insurer, identifying compliance issues, developing corrective actions and self-reporting to domestic regulator without incurring penalties.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Administrative / Regulatory Law (2007-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Insurance Law (2007-2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Administrative / Regulatory Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2018)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel
- American Society of Chartered Life Underwriters
News & Articles