David Biscoe Bingham
David Biscoe Bingham is a native of the Little Rock area and focuses his practice on estate planning, probate, trust law (taxation, litigation, and administration), state and federal income taxation (businesses and individuals) and the structuring and taxation of business entities (formation and sales/re-combinations). David represents individuals, couples and families in estate planning from straightforward wills to complex generation-skipping trusts and makes sure his clients’ assets are transmitted in the most tax-efficient manner. In addition, when representing clients in business entity formations or sales, David makes sure the entrepreneurs and ownership groups utilizing these entities choose the correct entity to minimize taxation and facilitate the transmission of the business’s value to the owners or their heirs, whether the business is passed on or sold. He also assists non-profit entities with formation, operations and qualifying and maintaining tax-exempt status. When David is not helping his clients by designing smart estate plans and entity structures, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, and experiencing the beauty of the Natural State by hiking and boating.
- Guides individuals and families in the development, drafting and implementation of comprehensive estate plans (revocable trusts, wills, and powers of attorney) to maximize tax savings and achieve non-tax estate planning goals.
- Guides individuals and families in the implementation of sophisticated wealth-transfer and tax-planning strategies such as irrevocable life insurance trusts, family holding companies, private foundations, special needs trusts, charitable trusts, valuation discount planning and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts.
- Counsels entrepreneurs and ownership groups forming closely-held business entities, counsel regarding the legal and tax issues facing a start-up business, preparation of governing documents for the partnership, corporation, or LLC and preparation of related agreements such as leases, buy-sells, independent contractor agreements and employee-related agreements.
- Advises individuals and ownership groups in the structuring and negotiation of business acquisitions, sales, mergers and reorganizations, whether stock or asset transactions, and the related tax aspects of those transactions for both private and public businesses.
- Counsels individual employees and ownership groups regarding the design, implementation and income tax results of equity compensation arrangements such as stock options, deferred compensation plans, phantom stock rights and the tax effects of bonus and other incentive programs.
- Represents individuals and ownership groups in real estate matters including the structuring and negotiation of tax-efficient real estate sales, acquisitions and transfers, title curative actions and the drafting and negotiation of commercial leases and mortgages.
- Guides and represents individuals, families,and beneficiaries in matters of trust administration and litigation, including judicial modifications of trusts, non-judicial modifications of trusts, family settlement agreements and court proceedings. Represents executors, family members and beneficiaries in probate proceedings from the initial petition until the discharge of the personal representative.
- Represents businesses and individuals in state and federal tax examination and controversy matters, from initial examinations and appeals, up to and including litigation in state courts, the U.S. Tax Court and the United States District Courts.
- Assists individuals and groups regarding proper organization and formation of a non-profit entity, qualification of the entity for tax-exempt status and counsel to established non-profit entities regarding maintenance of tax-exempt status, compliance with IRS requirements and ongoing organizational and operational issues.
- Prepares estate and gift tax returns, private letter ruling requests and responses in audit proceedings.
- Represents individuals in the drafting and negotiation of pre-marital and post-marital agreements.
- Guides individuals and families regarding general personal tax matters, including advice and analysis regarding estate, gift and income tax issues and associated reporting requirements.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Business Organizations, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates (2021)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Chair of the Taxation Section
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Central Arkansas Estate Planning Council
- Kiwanis of North Little Rock
News & Articles