Mr. Miller has been involved in an active trial practice for over 27 years. He has been recognized by numerous organizations and companies for his accomplishments in the courtroom. His trial practice involves a broad spectrum of complex commercial litigation; class action litigation and Products Liability and “Bet the Company” litigation. He handles a wide range of professional liability matters including those involving nursing homes and medical malpractice. Mr. Miller has an active practice in the area of bad faith defense and insurance claim litigation.
- Obtained voluntary non-suit at jury trial of plaintiffs’ case involving alleged work place injury
- Obtained defense verdict following two week jury trial in Pulaski County, Arkansas in which accounting firm was sued for professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty
- Successful defense of multiple claims of salmonella food poisoning associated with a significant salmonella outbreak in Central Arkansas restaurant
- Serves as Regional panel counsel for several insurance companies that insure long term care facilities in the United States and Arkansas
- Obtained defense verdict in week long case in which Plaintiff’s counsel requested $8 million dollars in death of two week old child in medical malpractice claim against treating physician
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for contract damages in two week trial in which Plaintiff’s counsel requested $5.3 million dollars in bad faith arson trial
- Successful defense of multiple Dramshop actions related to death and significant injuries associated with the sale of alcohol
- Successful defense of multiple long term care matters in which cases proceeded to trial and resolution was obtained well within defense assessment
- Successfully defended and prevented class certification in case against long-term care providers in Arkansas where plaintiff alleged class action status under theories of resident’s rights and breach of contract
- Serves as regional counsel for one of the largest long-term care facilities in litigation related to allegations of nursing home negligence and resident’s rights violations
- Serves as statewide counsel for defense of trucking/transportation claims for one of world’s largest retailers
Mason, et al. v. Chenal Country Club, 210 Ark.App 180 (2010); Paul Barre v. Charles “Chick” Hoffman, et al., .W.3d., 2009 Ark. 373, 2009 WL 1810903 (Ark.); Russell v. Northeast Texas Land and Timber, et al. 209 Ark. App.828 (2009); Osborne v. Farmers New World Life Ins. Co., 2009 WL 1098943 (E.D.Ark. 2009); Couch v. Farmers Ins. Co., Inc., 289 S.W.3d 909 (Ark. 2008); Anglin v. Johnson Regional Medical Center, 289 S.W.3d 28 (Ark. 2008); McCarthy v. Mullins, 2007 WL 1100530 (W.D.Ark. 2007); Downing v. Lawrence Hall Nursing Center, 243 S.W.3d 263 (Ark. 2006); Deaver v. Faucon Properties, Inc., 239 S.W.3d 525 (Ark. 2006); Mid-State Aftermarket Body Parts, Inc. v. Truck Ins. Exchange, 2006 WL 2079940 (E.D.Ark. 2006);Deaver v. Faucon Properties, Inc., 231 S.W.3d 100 (Ark.App. 2006); Watson v. Philip Morris Companies, Inc., 2003 WL 23272484 (E.D.Ark. 2003); Chambers v. Stern, 64 S.W.3d 737 (Ark. 2002); Chambers v. Stern, 994 S.W.2d 463 (Ark. 1999); Summers v. Baptist Medical Center Arkadelphia, 91 F.3d 1132 (8th Cir. (Ark.) En Banc, 1996); Douglass v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., 913 S.W.2d 277 (Ark. 1996); Flowers v. Jefferson Hosp. Ass’n., 49 F.3d 391 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1995); Dorothy J. v. Little Rock School Dist., 7 F.3d 729 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1993); Sierra Club v. Davies, 955 F.2d 1188 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1992); Security Ben. Life Ins. Co. v. Graham, 810 S.W.2d 943 (Ark. 1991); Hayes v. Invesco, Inc., 907 F.2d 853 (8th Cir. (Ark.) 1990); Robert Fureigh v. Michael G. Horn and W.M. Hogan Ark. App 287 (2013); Royal Overhead Door, Inc. v. Jernigan, et. al. 2013 WL 5744980 (2013 Ark. App. 588); Searcy Healthcare Center, et. al. v. John Murphy, et al. 2013 Ark. 463.