At Mitchell Williams, our virtual currencies, assets and blockchain technology team of lawyers provides a combination of legal and regulatory experience across dozens of practices and industry-specific knowledge to advise clients navigating the complex legal and regulatory environment surrounding cryptocurrencies and crypto-assets in the U.S. and across the globe.
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of lawyers with experience in anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and countering terrorism financing compliance, commodities and derivatives regulation, securities regulation including issuers, exchanges, and investment companies, tax law and Treasury regulation, reporting and investigation of cryptocurrency transactions, government enforcement issues, corporate structuring, IP licensing and patent prosecution and resolving litigation and disputes. We tailor approaches that comply with state, federal and international regulations by drawing on our deep understanding of blockchain technology and of the enforcement priorities of key regulators.
We assist developers of application layer technologies and native protocols, stablecoin issuers, cryptocurrency issuers, traders, exchanges, trading platforms, miners, investors and service providers in matters of:
- Advise individuals and entities on the range of legal and regulatory issues from a currency, commodities and derivatives and securities law perspective.
- Provide counsel on the full spectrum of risks and opportunities associated with adopting blockchain technology.
- Advise clients in regulation, litigation, enforcement and investigations, privacy and data security, investment and corporate transactional matters.
- Represent companies in the digital asset, virtual currency, and cryptocurrency space including major cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptoasset miners, NFT (non-fungible tokens) issuers, gaming companies, DeFi (decentralized finance) service providers and investment funds as well as the many banks, fintechs and service companies that collaborate with them.
- Develop and implement regulatory and compliance strategies.
- Assist clients with forming, acquiring, and operating business entities.