National experience. Local presence. These are just two of the reasons why industry-leading public companies and private entrepreneurs bring their securities transactions to Mitchell Williams.
Our team of corporate lawyers works with clients in Arkansas and other states. We help companies from start-ups to exchange-listed public companies comprehend—and comply with—the complex web of federal and state securities laws. Our experience includes conducting initial public offerings for companies that have grown to national prominence, and private placements of stock for emerging enterprises looking to grow their business. We have experience with securities matters of all types including:
Registered public offerings of debt and equity
Registrations of securities issued in connection with acquisitions
All other types of private securities offerings
We understand our clients’ business objectives and work closely with accountants and advisers, including Wall Street investment banking firms and their counsel, in structuring and coordinating transactions for our clients. Our team advises and assists public companies with ongoing compliance and disclosure obligations, including annual, quarterly and current filings with the SEC, proxy solicitations, beneficial ownership reporting and compliance with stock exchange listing standards.
We regularly counsel corporate boards on governance issues, anti-takeover provisions and executive compensation. Our attorneys advise broker-dealers and investment advisers on registration and compliance matters.
We are committed to our clients and pride ourselves on providing best-in-class client service and responsiveness to urgent and time sensitive matters.
Our recent experience includes representing clients in the following transactions:
- $350 million registered underwritten public offering of medium-term notes
- $34.4 million “Dutch auction” self-tender offer
- $17.6 million “Dutch auction” self-tender offer
- Registration of $81.2 million of common stock to be issued in connection with an acquisition
- $28.6 million “Dutch auction” self-tender offer
- $500 million registered public offering of medium-term notes
- Registration and issuance of $29.8 million of common stock in connection with an acquisition
- $49.4 million registered underwritten “bought deal” public offering of common stock
- Registration and issuance of $39.5 million of common stock in connection with an acquisition
- $13.8 million “Dutch auction” self-tender offer
- Registration and issuance of $290.1 million of common stock in connection with the largest ever merger between two Arkansas-based bank holding companies
- $23.0 million registered underwritten public offering of common stock
- Rule 506 private offerings ranging from $1 million to $50 million