Micah Goodwin is a litigator with experience in a broad range of disputes, including commercial litigation, tort claims, environmental issues, and administrative proceedings. He has represented businesses, utilities, and individuals, from farmers to Fortune 500 companies. Micah handles all stages of litigation, from pre-suit planning through judgment and appeal, and regularly appears in the state and federal trial courts in Arkansas and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, the Arkansas Supreme Court, and the Arkansas Court of Appeals.
- Represents individuals and business clients in complex and commercial litigation, including cases involving covenants not-to-compete, trade secrets, intellectual property, insurance disputes, and environmental problems.
- Advises businesses on contracting, regulatory compliance, and litigation strategy.
- Represents utilities in front of the Arkansas Public Service Commission and provides counsel on state and federal law.
- Counsels clients on flooding issues and water-related problems.
- Regularly appears in front of state administrative agencies and provides counsel on regulatory matters.
- Advises clients on conservation easements and property disputes.
- Obtained preliminary injunction in one of Arkansas’s first medical marijuana lawsuits.
- Obtained favorable decision from Arkansas Court of Appeals in property boundary dispute.
- Obtained favorable decision from Arkansas Supreme Court over independent contractor status in workers’ compensation dispute.
- Helped oil and gas operator obtain defense jury verdict on implied covenant in Fayetteville Shale lease.
- Helped refinery obtain eight figure jury award in contract dispute.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Commercial Litigation, Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyer Rising Star: Environmental Litigation (2018-2020)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Managing Editor, Arkansas Law Review
News & Articles
- A Big Boost for Drones in Business, Arkansas Business (June 30, 2016)
- Preparing for the Drone Revolution, Arkansas Business (June 13, 2016)
- Casting Pearls Before Swine: How the Buffalo River Incarnates the Gap in Wild and Scenic Legislation, 68 Ark. L. Rev. 455 (2015)
- Environmental and Economic Pitfalls of Interstate Water Transfers, 80 La. L. Rev. (2020)