Lance R. Miller
Lance Miller has extensive experience as a trial lawyer focusing on complex financial disputes. He concentrates his practice on creditor’s rights and remedies including bankruptcy, foreclosure, secured transactions, replevins, receiverships and other areas of business/commercial litigation, having tried cases before state, federal and bankruptcy courts and arbitration tribunals. He also engages in sophisticated workouts and restructurings representing both debtors and creditors (just not at the same time). In his spare time, Lance loves to hunt and fish and spend time in the great outdoors.
- Represents corporate clients in state and federal litigation on collateral, loan disputes and breach of contract matters.
- Serves as counsel to lenders on foreclosure, replevin, receivers and other matters related to the lending of money and the pledge of collateral.
- Represented lender to achieve resolution of claims related to a large failed Arkansas grain company.
- Assisted client in purchasing an insurance agency out of bankruptcy.
- Represented closely held company in acquiring the interest of a family member from Chapter 7 Trustee.
- Served as counsel in the appointment of a receiver and foreclosure of a rice mill.
- Represented lender in hotel properties receivership and workout of secured debt.
- Represented church client and successfully worked out secured claims on real estate and equipment.
- Represented client in purchasing assets of a drug manufacturer out of bankruptcy.
- Represented bondholders of a failed hospital in resolution of claims resulting in full payment.
- Represented lender achieving resolution of secured claims regarding failed agricultural entities of row crop and dairy operations.
- Successfully litigated the priority of bond holders claims in a failed real estate development.
- Represented lender in litigation of secured claims and replevin of assets related to failed trucking operations.
- Achieved resolution of claims related to failed housing projects and related tax credits.
- Represented secured lenders where funeral homes and cemeteries served as collateral.
- Represented the debtor/developer in the resolution of various secured claims and lien claims.
- Advises corporate and individual clients in all types of business/commercial disputes.
- Represented secured lender in a failed ice cream company.
- Represented various secured lenders in a failed grocery store chain and various issues related to letters of credit.
- Local counsel for the debtor in Arkansas’ largest chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Served on firm team as lead counsel for a swimming pool manufacturer Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Achieved reorganization (out of court) of a large convenience store chain.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Graduate, National Institute of Trial Advocacy in Negotiation Skills
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Governors and House of Delegates
- Former Board of Directors, Arkansas Game and Fish Foundation
- Former member, Junior Deputy Baseball Board of Directors
News & Articles