Kelly D. Marchand
Kelly Marchand has extensive experience in risk management, specializing in investigating and settling various types of insurance claims, as well as analyzing coverage questions for insurance syndicates in the Lloyd’s of London market. She serves as a legal liaison between insurance carriers and defense counsel and is often the carrier’s representative in mediations. Kelly also defends insurance companies against first party lawsuits, the defense of policyholders in personal injury lawsuits, and the defense of health care providers, including long term care facilities in professional liability cases. Kelly is a licensed insurance adjuster in the states of Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, New York and Oklahoma.
- Advises insurance carriers on coverage issues in first and third party claims.
- Prepares coverage opinions for insurance carriers.
- Provides strategic advice to insurance carriers concerning pre-litigation claims.
- Attends mediation on behalf of insurance carriers.
- Works closely with TPAs on coverage concerns, the defense of policyholders, the defense of insurance carriers and the settlement of litigated and non-litigated claims.
- Defends policyholders against personal injury lawsuits.
- Defends insurance companies against breach of contract and bad faith lawsuits.
- Drafts, files and argues dispositive motions on behalf of insurance carriers and/or policyholders.
- Represents physicians, nurses, hospitals, and long-term care facilities in all stages of the litigation process.
- Performs site visits at long-term care facilities across the state.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2021)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Licensed Insurance Adjuster
- New York
News & Articles