Katie W. Branscum
Katie W. Branscum focuses her practice on securities law, mergers and acquisitions, government relations and real estate and commercial transactions. She advises public and private entities on general corporate matters including regulatory compliance, entity selection and formation, contract drafting and negotiation and ongoing corporate governance issues. Katie utilizes her experience as a business lawyer to provide effective and practical counsel to clients in various industries including banking, transportation and agriculture.
- Serves as counsel to numerous financial institutions providing legal guidance on mergers and acquisitions, banking regulatory compliance and lending and transactional matters.
- Advises corporations and other businesses on general corporate matters including entity selection and formation, contract drafting and negotiation and ongoing corporate governance issues.
- Manages various Securities and Exchange Commission filing requirements on behalf of public company clients by drafting and reviewing periodic reports, registration statements and proxy statements.
- Represents clients in commercial real estate transactions concerning the conveyance, purchase, development and leasing of property.
- Assists trade associations, insurance companies, public utilities and other enterprises with achieving policy goals by drafting legislation and advocating for and against legislation and agency rules and regulations.
- Authored: The Food Fight over Labeling Genetically Engineered Foods and a Natural Solution to Protect Agricultural Biotechnology in the Natural State, 39 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 461 (2017).
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (2021)
- Arkansas Business 20 in their 20s, 2019
- Graduate, Leadership Greater Little Rock, Class XXXIV
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers
- Junior League of Little Rock
- Fellowship Bible Church
News & Articles