Central Arkansas Water (“CAW”) is seeking an attorney to serve as Legal Counsel for the utility.
The job duties and responsibilities related to the position include:
- Assurance that all operations of CAW are maintained in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Acts a legal advisor and counsel to the Board of Commissioners, the Chief Executive Officer and staff
- Provides assistance in interpreting the legal ramifications of proposals, policy directives and other actions
- Responds to and advises on matters related to the Freedom of Information Act and Attorney General’s office inquires
- Handles special projects as requested by the Board or Chief Executive Officer
- Subject to call some weekends and evenings
- Performs other essential duties as deemed necessary
CAW is a metropolitan water system that serves a population of approximately 400,000. The utility has 125,000 residential, commercial, industrial and master-metered customers in Pulaski, Saline, and Grant counties.
The notice for the position can be found below:
A link to a more detailed description of the position and the application procedures can be found here.
The Between the Lines blog is made available by Mitchell Williams Law Firm and the law firm publisher. The blog site is for educational purposes only, as well as to give general information and a general understanding of the law. This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Use of this blog site does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Mitchell Williams or the blog site publisher. The Between the Lines blog site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.