J. Ryan Tredway
Ryan Tredway uses his years of extensive experience as in-house counsel, general counsel and regional lead counsel for two national insurance company systems to assist his clients with pursuing business and operational objectives within the complex insurance and managed care regulatory environment. He advises clients by identifying challenges, offering multiple solution opportunities and communicating with regulators to avoid surprises. Ryan has developed focused experience in claims payment operations, with a special emphasis on the Texas Prompt Payment of Claims laws, as well as utilization review requirements. In his previous experience, he served as the Texas-based lead counsel for multi-state regulatory matters in the individual and employer-based health insurance market and as general counsel in the Medicaid and CHIP environment for a managed care organization in Texas. As a former Texas Department of Insurance attorney and special projects director, Ryan is experienced in drafting regulations, pursuing enforcement actions, and developing policy positions in the context of life and health insurance issues.
- Advises insurance companies on compliance with Texas and other state regulatory requirements.
- Represents insurance companies on compliance issues in multi-state and single state market conduct and financial examinations, investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Provides advice and support regarding state insurance regulatory filings, including rate and form filings, service and administrative agreements.
- Manages regulatory relationships for insurance companies, with an emphasis on Texas.
- Represents health plans in managing and avoiding provider payment disputes.
- Provides oversight and assistance related to implementation of new statutory and regulatory requirements in complex operational environments.
News & Articles