The insurance regulatory lawyers at Mitchell Williams have experience with state-based insolvency laws, regulations, and proceedings regarding all types of insurance entities including life, health, property and casualty insurers and HMOs.
When our clients are facing the prospect of state insurance insolvency proceedings, we help structure and implement voluntary solutions. We counsel clients in successfully resisting involuntary insolvency proceedings and advise at risk clients on how to avoid insolvency.
Our services include:
- Troubled company supervision
- Sales of blocks of business
- Withdrawal plans
- Developing rehabilitation and liquidation plans
- Claim filing
- Soliciting and evaluating reinsurance transactions
- Court proceedings, including as amicus curiae
- Regulatory approvals and negotiations
- Dealing with state guaranty funds