Hannah E. Butler
Hannah E. Butler is a litigation associate with experience in insurance defense and employment law matters. She has experience researching Covid-19-related employment issues and drafting and responding to subpoenas in employment law cases. She also assists with crafting defense strategies for hearings before administrative agencies. In addition, she assists with drafting various motions to be filed in federal court for insurance defense cases. In her free time, Hannah enjoys volunteering, attending performances at local theatres and perfecting her gumbo recipe.
- Researches complex issues arising during the course of litigation at both the trial and appellate level.
- Drafts various motions and memoranda including motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss.
- Conducts substantive research in insurance defense, employment law and COVID-19 employment related matters.
- Researched land use issues for high-profile Quiet Title litigation, resulting in a favorable outcome for the Petitioner.
- Researched construction law issues in a complex commercial dispute.
- Conducted substantive research for litigation, corporate, construction, tax and estate planning matters.
- Served as a Fourth Amendment Research Assistant for Professor Laurent Sacharoff during law school, with a focus on the origins of the Fourth Amendment and the applications of the Fourth Amendment to new personal technology.
- Served as a Congressional Intern in the Office of the Majority Whip and served as a constituent liaison informing members of Congress on how proposed legislation would impact their districts.
- Moot Court Regional Semifinalist, American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2020)
- Moot Court Regional Finalist, American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2019)
- Legal Research and Writing Appellate Advocacy Award – Best Oralist (2018)
- Board of Directors, Arkansas Miss Amazing Pageant for Girls and Women with Disabilities
- Volunteer Advocate, Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children in Foster Care (CASA)
- Volunteer Judge, Washington County Teen Court Trial Diversion Program
- Staff Editor, Journal of Food and Law Policy
- Vice President, Women’s Law Society
- Arkansas Bar Association Representative, Student Bar Association
- Volunteer, Legal Clinics benefitting low-income Arkansans including Wills for Heroes and criminal record expungement clinics
- Member, Honor Council
- Member, Delta Gamma Sorority
News & Articles