Creative works, whether digital or artistic, drive enterprises of all sizes. At Mitchell Williams, we understand that copyright is behind the products, platforms, marketing strategies, and delivery systems our clients depend on.
Our team of copyright attorneys helps guide sophisticated businesses in developing and acquiring creative technology. We counsel producers and developers in securing rights from third parties and granting licenses to others to commercialize their rights. Drawing from experience working with major studios, publishers and software developers in international matters, our copyright lawyers advise startups and growing corporations alike in the digital era.
Our copyright team provides a full-range of copyright registration, transactional and litigation legal services including:
- Copyright registrations, assignments and security interests
- Copyright portfolio audits
- Structuring master service agreements for technology providers
- Negotiating and documenting chain of title for the development and distribution of software and media content
- Assisting publishers and platforms with challenging fair use and freedom of speech concerns
- Advising on software and cloud service transactions involving both open source and proprietary technology
- Structuring media and book publishing agreements
- Independent film production financing, content development and distribution
- Entertainment and talent agreements
- Anti-piracy advocacy before state, federal and international authorities
- Litigation regarding copyright infringement and non-infringement declaratory actions
In addition, our law firm's team of copyright attorneys leads substantive copyright strategy in complex federal litigation and has specialized experience in managing digital anti-piracy campaigns, working with forensic experts and federal agencies to protect online content globally.